When people start building in Minecraft, they look forward to building a town first. For a town, they need to build houses but end up messing it all since they aren’t familiar with the basics to build a house in Minecraft.
Today at All Minecraft Guides, we have brought you the best guide to build a house in Minecraft. You must have a good understanding of the land you have in your game. Then you will need to find a better place for it.
We will also tell you about the best Minecraft Tools which you can use to build a perfect house in Minecraft. In our build a house in Minecraft tutorial, you are going to learn all of these things so let us begin now.
How do you prepare to build a House in Minecraft?
While you have all the barren land, it is literally possible to make a house in Minecraft anywhere. However, these are things which ruin your town when you do it without proper planning. So in order to prepare for it, make sure that you keep the following important tips in minds:
Choose the Suitable Place:
Make sure that the place where you are building it, in the beginning, is someplace higher. This may include a place such as a hill or a mountain. This is because these areas have lesser grass and you can build a house easily without having to cut much of the grass.
The Making of a Bed:
The next step is to create a bed. A bed has many advantages in the game. For instance, if you want the time to past faster in the game such as from night to day or day to night, you should have a bed in your house.
For doing this, make sure that you prepare your crafting table first. Another advantage which you can from the bed is that if you save a game on it and if you die while exploring the map, you will respawn on the bed.
We have already mentioned that in order to make a bed, you will need to set your crafting table as well. Once your crafting table is set, follow the steps to make a bed:
- You will need to hunt 3 sheep and also, you will need a chopped piece of wood.
- After that, you are required to make four planks out of this piece of wood.
- Now open your crafting table and place three planks in the middle with three wool pieces at the top and there you will have your bed made.
- Make sure that you have two-block space on the ground where you can place your bed.
Prepare your Defense while sleeping by building a Shack:
Your enemies can attack you at any time while you are sleeping and that is why you need defense. This can be done by raising temporary walls around your bed and for that, you are going to need the following ingredients.
- To build the walls, you are going to need 20 dirt.
- Once you have this amount of dirt, simply place them in the crafting table and craft them.
- Use 2 blocks space high to raise the walls and sleep without any fear.
Minecraft Tools Needed for Building a House:
If you don’t already have the tools then you will need to craft some tools. It is impossible for you to build a house without tools in Minecraft. So let us now tell you the Minecraft Tools necessary for building a house and their roles as well:
- Axe Tool: You will need this because it is used to chop wood required for building a house.
- Pick Axe Tool: You need this tool because it allows the mining of coal and stone to make a house.
- Shovel Tool: A shovel enables you to dig up any necessary sand or dirt for the house.
- Chest: You are going to need a chest so that you can store all of your tools and other items in it.
Building a House in Minecraft:
The design of the house will depend on your thinking and creativity. We, however, will tell you all the necessary equipment necessary to build any kind of house in the game.
Materials you need:
The list of basic or major materials you will need for building any kind of house in the game is given below:
- Wood and Sandstone (as backup for styling and extra touch)
- Coal or Grey Rock (In Mountainous areas)
Make sure that you have all the necessary material used in the building. You can only have a total of 64 items in a full stack and make sure that you have at least once sack full of it. Once you have all of this material, you can proceed ahead.
Building the Foundation, Floors, Walls, and Roof.
All the stuff mentioned in the heading including digging a foundation, laying down a floor, raising the walls, and building a roof are the basic things in a house. The following is how you do them:
- Foundation: Shovel and Pick Axe are the tools which are used to dig up the foundation. You can use either of them. Make sure that you have 10×10 blocks space for digging up a foundation. However, in case of short resources, you can go for a smaller foundation as well.
- Floors: You can lay down your floor with any material you have planned. However, we recommend using wood for laying down a floor and this is the material we are using currently for this guide to build a house in Minecraft.
- Walls: Since we are talking about the higher walls now, forget the shack and use 4-block high space for raising the walls. The rest of the materials you are going to use for the walls are the same as explained before.
- Roof and the Front Door: Use the upper space to build a roof and use it as long as your house is covered properly. Then, of course, a front door is necessary to craft one by using the wood you have in your resources. You will need to place the chopped planks into the 6 blocks in the two columns and you will have your crafting front door.
- Bed: Don’t forget to place your bed in one of the rooms so that you save your progress by sleeping and it is also a necessary thing to have in a house.
Designing and Personalization of a House in Minecraft:
Whenever you build a house either in Minecraft or in your real life, you want it to be decorated properly. So you must have a lot of ideas which you can use to design and personalize your house. We are just going to lay out the basic stuff you can use for the designing purpose. So following is a list of that:
- You can add windows to your house in Minecraft.
- You can build rooms and then design them beautiful as you want.
- Make sure that you spend a block or two to lay down a walkway outside your house.
- Building another house for the purpose of the shed can be a good idea.
- Create a nice and strong wall around your house for the protection and beauty.
- In order to keep the mobs away from your house, place the torches around nicely on the walls.
- And, here is your most beautiful and best house in Minecraft.
So this was our best guide to build a house in Minecraft. Did you enjoy it? If yes, then don’t forget to leave us your feedback and keep visiting our website back for more cool stuff from the world of Minecraft.