Minecraft Forge is basically a modding API. The API stands for Application Programming Interface. This application allows you to install Minecraft mods for your game. Summing this extended in the quickest way wasn’t an easy task and that is why this is the best Minecraft Forge guide you can get on the internet.
Minecraft Forge is an application which allows the players to install Minecraft Mods in their game. In this guide, we are going to cover a lot of stuff related to that. You will learn how to use Minecraft Forge, using Minecraft Forge Mac, and a lot of other stuff.
There are a lot of developers who are creating mods for Minecraft and you can be one of them. Minecraft Forge is an API which helps you create these mods and also make these mods compatible with the game and among each other.
Important Notes Before you Install Minecraft Mods with Forge:
Mods are not legal but people use it anyway. It is certain that there will be some problems when you use these. In order avoid certain risks and make this process invulnerable, you can use some very important points given below:
- Before installing any mod, do not forget to make a back up of your game files.
- Never forget to save or make a backup for any world if you have created or you are working on.
- Make sure that your Minecraft Tools are backed up.
- Follow all the safety tips which are given with the each of the mods you download.
- You can install a mod with Minecraft Forge or the manual process which comes in the guide with each mod you download.
- The mods can corrupt your game files and thus, you will lose the world you have created so the much backup is a must.
What is Minecraft Forge and How to Use it?
Minecraft Forge is basically a client or a modded API with which you can create or install mods in your Minecraft. It does not automatically optimize mods and that is why you will need to use the right mods according to the game and forge version. Following is a quick guide on how to use it:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge from its official website and make sure that you download the right version.
- Installing this will create a Forge profile in the game and a Mods folder in the main directory.
- Download the mod you want to use and paste it in the mods folder in the main game directory.
- Login with the forge profile in the game and use the mod.
This was our quick guide. Now move down this article for an advanced and step-by-step guide.
Get Free: Minecraft APK Here Free Download
Step-by-Step Guide to Install Mods with Minecraft Forge:
This is not the easiest of things to do in the game. However, we will try to make it as easy as possible. So let us begin with the guide now.
Step No. 1: Backup your Minecraft Game Files:
While you are working on the Minecraft mods, this is always a dangerous game. That is why it is important that you back up your game files. So in case of any errors, you will be able to retrieve the game. Listed below are some necessary files and folder making a backup for which are must:
- The first important folder is Minecraft Stats folder.
- The second one is Minecraft Saves folder.
- The third one is Minecraft.jar or Jar folder.
Listed below are the locations on your computer where you can find these folders:
- If you are using Windows 7 or Windows 8, you can find these in C:\Users\user name\AppData\Roaming\
- If you are using Windows XP or Vista, you will be able to find these folders in C:\Documents and Settings\user name\Application Data\
- In case of Mac, you will find these folders in ~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/
Once you have a backup for your important game files, you shall proceed to the next step in this Ultimate Minecraft Forge Guide.
Step No. 2: Download and Installing Minecraft Forge Client:
None of the players are advanced developers you can install Minecraft mods manually. For this purpose, you are going to need this software. Following is how you do it:
Note: Before downloading the software, make sure that you are downloading the right version. You should download and install the version which will support and is also compatible with the mods you have downloaded for your Minecraft game based on its version. Otherwise, you will not be able to do this and your mods will not install. Once you have taken care of that, you are good to follow the guide below.
- Go to the official website of the forge for downloading the software.
- There are a lot of Minecraft Forge versions to choose from.
- With each version, its version number is written so make sure you get the right one.
- Once downloaded, scan it for any viruses or harmful content and then install it.
- After installing the client, run the game, and you should find a profile named Forge with which you will log in now.
The Forge profile is made for the mods. Make sure that you log in to this one. Otherwise, you won’t be able to install the mods.
Step No. 3: Downloading the Minecraft Mods:
Now, this is another of the most important steps. This is because the step requires you to download the right mods. Make sure that the mod version you are downloading is compatible with the version of your game. Also, make sure that it has every feature you need. Once you have found the right mod, following steps will teach you how to install this Minecraft mod:
- Download the mod which should save as a zip file in your download location.
- Now locate the folder where you have installed the game i.e. main game directory.
- Minecraft Forge creates a custom mod folder in the game directory when you install it.
- Now, copy the complete zip file of the mod and paste it here in the mods folder of your main game directory.
- This is it, you have successfully installed the mod.
- Now, open the game, login with the Forge profile and enjoy the mod.
So this was our Ultimate Minecraft Forge Guide. In All Minecraft Guides, there is a lot of stuff waiting for you to use. Make sure that you stay tuned to our site!